Characteristics Garmin Fitness Band Vívosmart HR Black Regular
Smart Activity Tracker with Wrist-based Heart Rate
- Sleek band is comfortable to wear all day, and the always-on display shows your stats, even in sunlight
- Displays steps, distance, calories, heart rate, floors climbed and activity intensity
- Receive text, call, email, calendar and social media alerts²
- Control your music and your VIRB® action camera (sold separately) all from your wrist
- Reminds you to stay active with move bar and vibration alert
Wrist-based Heart Rate
vívosmart HR smart activity tracker¹ with Elevate™ heart rate technology measures heart rate at the wrist 24/7. That gives you the freedom to work out with no additional heart rate strap needed. Using heart rate, vívosmart HR provides calories burned information and quantifies the intensity of your fitness activities, providing better credit for your efforts. You can even use your vívosmart HR as a heart rate strap on your wrist when paired with other compatible Garmin devices.
More Than Just Steps
In addition to measuring steps, calories and distance, vívosmart HR measures floors climbed with its integrated barometric altimeter. Whether you’re going for a swim or trying out a new gym class, it measures your activity intensity with intensity minutes. This feature lets you monitor your progress against activity goals recommended by health organisations.
Stay active and connected with vívosmart HR activity tracker. Each time you receive a notification from your compatible smartphone, it gently vibrates and automatically displays the information. Simply touch and swipe the screen to read more. Other connected features allow you to control music and your VIRB action camera (sold separately) or find your misplaced phone.
Beat Yesterday, Every Day
vívosmart HR learns your current activity level, then assigns an attainable daily step goal. As you meet your milestones, it will adjust your goal for the next day, gradually nudging you toward a healthier lifestyle. Throughout your day, it reminds you to stay active with a move bar and vibration alert if you’ve been inactive for 1 hour. Go for a short walk to reset the inactivity timer.
vívosmart HR activity tracker automatically syncs with your smartphone throughout the day to save your stats to our free online community. At Garmin Connect™, you can save, plan and share your activity and beat yesterday in your daily step count. Connect with other users to challenge and compete. For detailed calorie tracking, you can create an account at MyFitnessPal and link it to your Garmin Connect account. This allows you to compare calories consumed to total calories burned, which vívosmart HR records throughout the day.
¹Activity tracking accuracy
²When paired with a compatible smartphone
Physical & Performance
- Physical dimensions: Band sizes: 136-187 mm (Regular); 180-224 mm (X-large); Width: 21.0 mm; Thickness: 12.3 mm
- Display size, WxH: 25.3 mm x 10.7 mm
- Display resolution, WxH: 160 x 68 pixels
- Negative mode display
- Weight: 29.6 g, Regular; 32.0 g, X-large
- Battery: Rechargeable lithium battery
- Battery life: Up to 5 days
- Water rating: 5 ATM
- Smart notifications (displays email, text and other alerts when paired with your compatible phone)
- Vibration alert
- Music control
- Find my phone
- VIRB® control
- Heart rate monitor
- Heart rate-based calorie computation
Activity Tracking Features
- Step counter
- Auto goal (learns your activity level and assigns a daily step goal)
- Move bar (displays on device after a period of inactivity; walk for a couple of minutes to reset it)
- Sleep monitoring (monitors total sleep and periods of movement or restful sleep)
- Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data)
- Automatic sync (automatically transfers data to your computer)
- Calculates floors climbed: yes
- Intensity minutes: yes
- Garmin Elevate™ wrist heart rate technology
In the Box
- Regular or X-large vívosmart HR, depending on version selected
- Charging/data clip
Comparative Garmin Fitness Band Vívosmart HR Black Regular
Garmin Fitness Band Vívosmart HR Black Regular
Ask the expert about Garmin Fitness Band Vívosmart HR Black Regular
User reviews about Garmin Fitness Band Vívosmart HR Black Regular
Tell us what you think!
Very pleased with my vivosmart. Other than the usual step counter etc I find the heart monitor and the sleep monitor really useful. Wish it came with a choice of straps and unfortunately it does count steps when you drive? ? I've got into the habit of switching mine off in the car
Dear Lorraine, Please note that the Garmin Vivosmart counts all movements, whether walking or in the car, as all movements cost energy and therefore calories. In case you wish to have a more pure count of your steps, turning the device off while driving indeed is a good solution. Kind regards, Elle
I bought this as an upgrade for the vivofit 2 as I wanted a band with a heart rate monitor. Love the fact that it is waterproof and I can use it in the pool to track my swimming. the app is easy to use and very user friendly. Battery life has been decent so far and it doesn't take too long to charge back up. I like the vibrate to move rather than a beep as it is less intrusive.
Good first try at a wrist based optical HR activity tracker. Optical HR accuracy is as expected from a wrist worn device, but it does everything else very well. Notifications are handled nicely. Battery life about 4 days with all notifications on.
Very easy to use and understand, charges very quickly. Device has a large number of different functions and each works very well. Being able to change the view on the screen is useful. Heart rate function is not 100% acurate - but is not too far off.